Said it before, we’ll say it again: employees consistently state they don’t get enough feedback about their performance from their bosses. This affects your retention – if an employee doesn’t feel appreciated (or doesn’t know where they stand with their boss) – they’ll leave.
MRINetwork has a list of 10 questions to ask your employees; their answers to these questions can often determine whether or not they’ll stay on their job:
- If you could make any changes about your job, what would they be?
- What things about your job do you want to stay as they are?
- If you could go back to any previous position and stay for an extended period of time, which one would it be and why?
- If you suddenly became financially independent, what would you miss most about your job?
- In the morning, does your job make you jump out of bed or hit the snooze button?
- What makes for a great day?
- What can we do to make your job more satisfying?
- What can we do to support your career goals?
- Do you get enough recognition?
- What can we do to keep you with us?