I frequently conduct Leadership Development Programs for leaders at businesses throughout the country.
Recently, I was conducting this program for a professional services firm in Nevada. I asked the 6 executives in the room to think of the best boss they ever had. Once they had, I asked what was it that made them a great boss.
Their answers were so insightful I thought I’d share them with you:
- Believes In Me/Looks Out For Me
- Pushed Me; Has High Expectations for me
- Lines of Communication are open; asks my opinion
- Does not micromanage, but holds me responsible
- Supports and encourages me
- Treats me as an equal/respects me
- Teaches me about both techinical and management issues
- Works With Me
Can you say that about your own management style?