This is the 7th year that Fulbright & Jaworski
has surveyed senior corporate counsel regarding litigation. I’m focusing on the responses that affect businesses – and selecting those answers. The results are illuminating!
In which area is there the most litigation pending in the U.S.?
Labor & Employment: 49%
Personal Injury: 27%
(participants could pick more than one type)
In which area has there been the greatest increase in multi-plaintiff cases whether they be class, collective action, or significant multiple plaintiff action?
Wage & Hour: 46%
Labor Union: 13%
[What types of cases] will see the greatest increase in 2011?
Wage & Hour:35%
Labor Union: 17%
Our annual Special Report: The 14 Things Employers Must Do In 2008 – is now available for free on our website.
Every year, new laws and best practices change. Here are the 14 things California employers need to do as the new year begins:
- Military Spouse Leave
- Minimum Wage Changes
- Computer Professional Hourly Rate Lowered
- Workers’ Compensation Temporary Disability Benefits
- Notice of Earned Income Credit Rights
- Cell Phone Usage While Driving
- Changes to Itemized Pay Statements
- New I-9 Form
- New EEO-1 Form
- New Posters/Pamphlets
- Separate Arbitration Agreements Necessary
- Workers’ Compensation
- Health Care and Whistleblower Protection
- Employees Must be able to Cash Paychecks Without Cost
The Quarterly Human Resources Newsletter is now available for free on my website. Click here to download it for free!