Workers’ Compensation rates are once again spiraling. Here are 10 possible signs of potential workers’ compensation fraud:
- Monday-morning accidents.
- Unwitnessed accidents.
- Injuries following discipline, demotion, or transfer.
- Claims from employees with private disability insurance.
- Claims from employees with histories of on-the-job injuries.
- Claims from employees with high-risk hobbies (such as skiing or snowmobiling).
- Delays in reporting accidents.
- Several versions of an accident.
- Claims from employees with financial or domestic problems.
- Claims for injuries not received on the job.
- Discrepancies between reported injuries and medical evaluations.